Friday, July 17, 2015

Chelsea Manning Legal Defense: First Look Media Matching Funds

First Look Media’s Press Freedom Litigation Fund and the Freedom of the Press Foundation (FPF) are announcing the launch of a matching fund campaign to support the legal defense of U.S. Army intelligence analyst turned whistleblower Chelsea Manning. First Look Media’s Press Freedom Litigation Fund will match $50,000 in donations to the campaign along with Glenn Greenwald, Intercept co-founder and journalist, who will personally match $10,000 for the initiative. Said Chelsea Manning: “Being in prison while trying to figure out how I will pay for my legal appeal has been a great source of stress and anxiety. I’m so honored that a new campaign is supporting me in my effort to vindicate my legal rights, and I am truly grateful to anyone who is helping.”

More:  https://www.popularresistance.org/chelsea-manning-legal-defense-first-look-media-matching-funds/

No comments: