Marsha Coleman, member of No Fear Coalition, read the demand letter to a representative for Eric Holder, who met the protesters in the front of the Robert F. Kennedy building. The representative made no official comment but took the letter with him.
Among the demands:
- Immediate arrest and prosecution of Darren Wilson,
- Assign an independent prosecutor to the Michael Brown case,
- All military personnel and equipment must be withdrawn from Ferguson township,
- Establishment of an independent Citizens’ advisory Review Board (CARB) from civil society to fully participate in the investigation of law enforcement involving the use of lethal or excessive force,
- Issue body cameras to all police officers to help protect citizens from police misconduct and to vindicate officers acting lawfully,