Three houses have burned on the reservation in the last three weeks. Twenty people lived in those houses. The fires were started from efforts to keep warm by burning clothes and whatever was available.
During the past week, One Spirit volunteers found conditions that are difficult to comprehend:
- A young couple who have a severely handicapped baby are staying in one room with the heater we gave them to keep warm. They are out of propane and have been for some time.
The economic times are hard for everyone and even more so for those who live in this extreme poverty.
EVERY DONATION COUNTS.
One Spirit WEBSITE
One Spirit BLOG
One Spirit YAHOO GROUP
PO Box 2595
Chesterfield, VA 23832