Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oglala Commemoration Update



Oglala Commemoration Committee
http://www.oglalacommemoration.com/
oglala_commemoration@yahoo.com
Sept. 06, 2008

Hello everyone,

Everything went well in Ohio last weekend. As always it is good to see friends from out east (east of me that is). Columbus had a lot of events going on that weekend, so turnout was a little bit smaller then usual.

Congratulations : Mark Butcher was the winner of the Pendleton Blanket Raffle. Thanks for everyone who supports this raffle.

I want to shout out a big thanks to the following:

NAICCO: Mark, Carol, Dave, Mike, Ray, Hunter, Rick, Kenny, and the rest of the group for allowing us to come in and set up twice a year for free. This helps greatly with funding for the Oglala Commemoration annual event. Thanks for being there from the beginning, which we are going into our 10th year already.

I would like to thank Elisya, David, Soak, Aaron, and Aitana for all there help at the table. David for going to the rally with me. Gina for running the tables while I went.

Thanks to Jerry Dearly for all his words of encouragement.

Thanks goes out to Elaine at the Obama Campaign office in Columbus for all their support and supplies for the voter registration table. And most of all the two tickets to the rally.

This has been a great year for historical events, and I am very grateful that I have been able to participate.

And don't let me forget security, as I was attacked by an 80-year-old woman at the voter registration table.

I will never be able to look at little old ladies the same.

Some people were upset that we represented Obama and not McCain at the table. I have been donating my time, because I am ready for change. I didn't wait until someone came to me; we went to the office to see how we could help, then we ask for permission to set up a table. McCain supporters could have done the same.


Next Event:
4th Annual Educating for Change Curriculum Fair, Saturday, September 27th, 2008 from 9 am - 3 pm at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, Marillac Hall. South Campus

(Hopefully I won't need personal security there)

Oglala Commemoration online auction will reopen in Nov. We are looking for donations of items.

All funds go toward the Oglala Commemoration Event and projects.

All committee members, musicians and guest speakers all donate their time and talents for this event.


Lisa


No comments: