Friday, September 12, 2008

Friends Digest Vol. 2, No. 9

*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*
Why solidarity? Because "...rain does not fall on one roof alone" - Cameroon
*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*

* On His 64th Birthday *

September 12, 2008

Greetings,

First of all I want to thank everyone here, it means a lot to me to be remembered on my birthday. But you know one thing that comes to my mind is my mother, she has died since I have been in prison, along with my father and many of my other relatives. But aside from that, I want to get back to talking about my mother.

In my time of thinking in here, it just comes to my mind, that we should all on our birthdays remember our mothers. In fact in my thinking, we should all consider our birthday a mother's day. Because she is the one who went through a lot of pain and suffering on that day, she's the one that needs to be remembered most. And if my life has ever meant anything to anyone in a good way it is owed to her. She birthed me and because of her, today my words can be heard.

I have spent more than half of my life imprisoned, for something I am not guilty of, as of today the shooter wants everyone to know his identity. And I want you to know that I'm not being held for the deaths of those agents, I'm being held as an example to anyone that would stand up to them. In the coming months there is going to be legal efforts to bring this case into full view of the entire public so that possibly justice can prevail.

I guess I'm getting away from the essence of birthdays. I am 64 years old today and when you get to be my age the only good thing about birthdays is the more you have the longer you live.

Again I want to thank all of you so very very much. You can't imagine how much it means to a prisoner to be remembered. If I ever get out of here in an upright position I will owe it to people like you who remembered me and remembered the reasons I was put here and accepted the challenge to seek justice for our people.

May the Great Spirit bless you with everything you need. Again I want to thank you.

Your Relative in the Struggle...

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,


Leonard Peltier

Please mark the day by sending a letter of support for the Longest Walk II's "Manifesto for Change" and its resolution in support of freedom for Leonard Peltier to Honorable John Conyers, Jr., Chairman, Committee on the Judiciary, U.S. House of Representatives, 2138 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515; Fax: 202-225-0072; E-mail: John.Conyers@mail.house.gov.

Leonard becomes eligible for a full parole hearing late this year. Another action you can take to mark Leonard's birthday, if you have not already done so, is to sign the parole petition on Leonard's behalf at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/parole2008/. Please invite others to sign the petition, as well.

*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*
"Never cease in the fight for peace, justice, and equality for all people. Be persistent in all that you do and don't allow anyone to sway you from your conscience." -- Leonard Peltier
*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*

-----

Please circulate to family and friends and otherwise widely
post our listserv announcements. Also frequently visit our
Blog at
http://FreePeltierNow.blogspot.com or receive our
blog postings by Web feed (download a free newsfeed reader at
http://www.feedreader.com):

Atom: http://FreePeltierNow.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

RSS: http://FreePeltierNow.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss

Or register to receive e-mail announcements. It's easy. Go to our homepage at http://www.FreePeltierNow.org/welcome.htm>. Scroll down the page until you see "Join Us" on the left sidebar. Enter your e-mail address in the text box. Then point to and click on "Subscribe". Or send a blank e-mail message to
FreePeltierNow-on@mail-list.com.

You also can Bookmark our home page and/or blog. Click on the Bookmark button provided at each of these sites to use any program you wish by which to save the sites to your list of browser favorites. Visit us often to learn more about efforts to win Leonard's freedom and find out what you can do to help.

We encourage other sites to link to our Web site and blog. No prior permission is required. Feel free to use one of our banner ads at http://www.FreePeltierNow.org/banners.htm to link to our resources.

Visit us on MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/FreePeltierNow) and
Facebook (
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1192424201), too.

Disclaimer: Listserv postings from sources other than "Friends of Peltier" are made for the purpose of information dissemination. Views expressed by secondary sources may not reflect the views of "Friends of Peltier," and posting of information doesn't imply endorsement.

-----

Time to set him free... Because it' the RIGHT thing to do.

Friends of Peltier
www.FreePeltierNow.org




No comments: