Sunday, May 18, 2008, 2:00 pm
ILWU Local 6, 255 Ninth Street, near Howard, San Francisco
Admission $10 sliding scale
Apologies: Bathrooms not wheelchair accessible
Mumia Abu-Jamal -- Innocent Man on Death Row!
We Accept Nothing Less Than His Freedom!
* Cynthia McKinney, former Congresswoman from Georgia
* Soffiyah Elijah, Deputy Director, Criminal Justice Institute, Harvard Law School. Legal counsel for Sundiata Acoli, Marilyn Buck, Kwame Ture', Nuh Washington and Jihad Abdul-Mumit
* Cindy Sheehan, founding member, Gold Star Families for Peace, an organization founded in January 2005 by individuals who lost family members in the U.S. war on Iraq
* Walter Turner, Host, Africa Today, Pacifica Radio/KPFA
* Jeff Mackler, Director, Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
* Alan Benjamin, Exec. Bd., San Francisco Labor Council
* Kali Akuno, Director, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement
* Devorah major & Jack Hirschman, Former Poets Laureate of San Francisco
* Mesha Monge Irizarry, Founder, Idriss Stelley Foundation,
Sponsor: Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, jmackler [at] lmi.net; 510-268-9429
Send contributions to:
Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
P.O. Box 10328, Oakland, CA 94610
freemumia.org - Tables: $25 - Labor donated 5/7/08
On March 27, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, ignoring its own rulings and precedents as well as those of the U.S. Supreme Court, denied the appeal of innocent death row inmate, frame-up victim, award-winning journalist and leading fighter for human and democratic rights, Mumia Abu-Jamal. The State of Pennsylvania now seeks Mumia's execution. We seek a new trial and his freedom. After twenty-six years on death row resulting from a racist trial and Amnesty International-repudiated conviction presided over by Judge "Yeah, I'm going to help 'em fry the ni - - er," Albert Sabo, a worldwide effort to win Mumia's freedom is underway. As Mumia's legal struggle enters its final stages we must rededicate ourselves to a fight that makes the political price of his continued incarceration impossible and his freedom inevitable.
The broken criminal "justice" system has excluded a mountain of evidence proving Mumia's innocence. The truth will be heard! Mumia's freedom is in our hands! Join us!